Skip to main content

wifi network design

More
17 years 8 months ago #16044 by davidklose
Hi, this is my situation: i've got a pc and 2 laptops. The pc is connected to an adsl router (usb) and i would like to share internet through a wireless network. What do you suggest me to do???
thanks for your time and help.
More
17 years 8 months ago #16045 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Wireless
The simple answer is to replace your USB ADSL modem/router unit with a model that offers say four RJ45 Ethernet ports and a wireless access point in the one box. There are loads of units like this around and they are not that costly. What you'll need to do is to find out/note down all the settings that pertain to the ADSL connection from your USB device as you will need to enter them to configure the ADSL modem in your new box. Don't forget the username and password; you should hae these from your activation letter or whatever method your provider supplied. One final caution - check the website and/or contract documentation of your provider to make sure they don't take a dim view of you sharing the connection. Some providers sell single-PC access via USB modem cheaply and want to relive you of more money for permission to share what is essentially the same product
More
17 years 8 months ago #16359 by taqqi14
Replied by taqqi14 on topic Re: wifi network design
I suggest "Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router ". see below

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007KDVI/104...=glance&n=172282

Rgds
Taqqi14
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds