Skip to main content

Installing Cisco Router

More
18 years 3 months ago #13074 by GCM
Installing Cisco Router was created by GCM
HIi..

Can anybody tell me the basic steps for configuring Cisco router..?

Thanks in advance..
More
18 years 3 months ago #13076 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Config
Very basically:
1) Sort out your administrative access to the router - passwords, telnet access etc
2) Set up all your interfaces and make sure they all physically come up and work
3) Set up your routing
4) Set up any other stuff
This isn't hard and fast but it's one of a number of good approaches
More
18 years 3 months ago #13087 by Dead-Neur0ns

HIi..

Can anybody tell me the basic steps for configuring Cisco router..?

Thanks in advance..

I'm not sure what Series you are using, but check the below link it gives you basic router configuration.

www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/...9186a0080118d1a.html

<= IИse©u®ity Is A ®esult Of T®ying To Be Se©u®e =>
More
18 years 2 months ago #13371 by Moses
Replied by Moses on topic Cisco...
Hi,
First let us know what is the model and what is the purpose you would be using the router..

Whether it;s a leased line or an ISDN line.

Connect the console cable on the com port and use hyper terminal and your will get the initial prompt

>

You can use the wizard or start the command enable config which shall give you root prompt i.e # now you can start configure your router...
More
18 years 2 months ago #13386 by meisiew
Replied by meisiew on topic Re: Installing Cisco Router
Yes, please let us know the device model, hardware spec i.e. RAM and the interface (Ethernet/Serial). And also let us know how you want to connect it i.e. as a stand alone router or connecting with other routers. Once you determine the overall layout, the commands will be easier.

I would suggest look into a router book/Cisco manual to get the idea of what basic commands you need to run i.e. set the cisco device hostname, ip address and etc

Cheers
msh :D
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds