Skip to main content

CCNP Question

More
18 years 6 months ago #11401 by randy
Replied by randy on topic Re: CCNP Question
I was thinking that I would need that line to route all other traffic.
More
18 years 6 months ago #11402 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: CCNP Question
You could leave those lines in there, they'll just specify any traffic that doesn't match the access list to be routed to that IP address. If you left it off, that traffic should be routed normally (through static routes or your routing protocol). How are you testing the route maps? Are you sending http packets (or telnet or ftp) from Host A to Host B? From the debug ip policy output, I noticed the packets are matching the second clause on your route maps (the one that matches anything else). This makes me suspect that it isn't seeing any http traffic to match and policy route it accordingly.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 6 months ago #11403 by randy
I'm running a web server on host A. I then view the web site on host B via IE. The web server is running correctly. I also used telnet and ftp from host B to host A.
More
18 years 6 months ago #11410 by RedRanger
Replied by RedRanger on topic Re: CCNP Question
....Huh? I ain't even a CCNA yet...this is like egyptian to me. I'm barely grasping the concept of Spanning Tree Protocol!

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
18 years 6 months ago #11413 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: CCNP Question
nnbnbI've only played with route-maps on router sims, Randy, so I haven't seen one functioning in a live network yet. However, I'm reading over some Cisco documentation, and apparently you can only apply one route-map per interface. If you do a show run interface eth0/0 on cincitec router, does it show just one route-map applied or all of them?

Perhaps one route-map could be made with the lines like this?

cincitec(config)#route-map routepolicy permit 10
cincitec(config-route-map)#match ip address 101
cincitec(config-route-map)#set ip next-hop 172.16.1.1
cincitec(config-route-map)#route-map routepolicy permit 20
cincitec(config-route-map)#match ip address 102
cincitec(config-route-map)#set ip next-hop 172.16.1.1
cincitec(config-route-map)#route-map routepolicy permit 30
cincitec(config-route-map)#match ip address 103
cincitec(config-route-map)#set ip next-hop 172.16.2.1
cincitec(config-route-map)#route-map routepolicy permit 40
cincitec(config-route-map)#set ip next-hop 172.16.2.1

This is my last idea, I think. Unless I get a light bulb turned on.

Oh yeah, link to documentation I'm reading: www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product...qcpart1/qcpolicy.htm

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 6 months ago #11414 by randy
The one good thing about the company that I work for, they have a lot of extra networking equipment laying around to play with. As far as applying only one route map to an interface goes. I got the same results when using only one route map. Thanks anyways.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds