Skip to main content

home networks

More
18 years 6 months ago #11233 by neo468
home networks was created by neo468
hey guys, I thought it would be fun to have you all post up your home network setups. 1. so I have some ideas for how I can set mine up. 2.To see how crazy some of your setups really are :D
More
18 years 6 months ago #11243 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Network
Mine's rather primitive as all my toys are at work!
I have a 1Mb ADSL with integrated modem/router/hardware firewall into Ethernet switch and 11b wireless access point. The connection to the phone line is via a long cable that lays on the floor on it's journey through two rooms and which people trip over every so often. I then have two laptops and a desktop machine that connect by wireless and one server/desktop hardwired. The desktops are Windows machines but the laptops have various flavours of Linux as well. Most of the use is provided by my family who monopolise the system by buying junk on Ebay, playing games, listening to obscure internet rock radio stations and "communicating" via windows messenger
More
18 years 6 months ago #11246 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: home networks
Strangely enough (as I work at the same place as The Bishop :shock: I have the same initial setup. Like the Bishop I have one PC that acts as the Base Station for the Router, so is hardwired. And, I have two Laptops, one used for Remote work support (and by my wife for buying stuff on Ebay, Amazon etc), and Research work when she is working from home. The other I use mainly for my Charity work, so I have lots of presentations etc on it.
More
18 years 6 months ago #11265 by tiamat
Replied by tiamat on topic Re: home networks
Mines about as straight forward as a home network can get, and yet it still gives me headaches from time to time.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds