Skip to main content

Default route redistribution

More
18 years 6 months ago #11019 by eye
Of course i don't mind :D

I am preparing for CCNA exam and trying to get practice about various technologies and understending of them.Thats why i setup small so called testlab to examine how would various routing protocols behave in same enviroment.That was the reason...nothing special.BTW I have 2610 xm and I wanted to try intervlan routing ,after failing to accomplish that I've read that requrements are to have at least IOS with IP PLUS options which i don't have.Is there a way to get around?
Thank you.

Regards
More
18 years 6 months ago #11121 by mew
Yes, I understood you were studying for your CCNA which is what confused me about why you would insist on using RIP and not OSPF on a broadcast multi-access environment. This is not something that is usually done.

As to your question I do not have a viable “workaround” as you would have to use one router per VLAN to do inter-VLAN routing without the ability to do sub-interfaces.

I would never recommend buying a Cisco router through less than reputable dealers that can’t offer a smartnet contract. At an average cost of $200 or more per IOS the savings on being able to download all of the latest IOS’s you need for free with a smartnet contract is … well I don’t want to sound like a Cisco add.

You said you had three routers. Depending on the model(s) of router(s) you are talking about you may want to refer to the second paragraph of his response. You could connect one router per VLAN and then connect the routers together and set up a dynamic routing protocol (or static routes for that matter) to route between VLAN’s. Obviously this is not something that would be expected on a CCNA exam.

There are study guides with labs at both Ciscopress and Sybex that provide study material and labs that are relevant for preparing for the CCNA. I never study for a certification test with only one source of material. I have used Ciscopess, Sybex, and Cram Exam materials to prepare for all of my exams. I have never failed an exam and I am CCNP certified. I don’t think of myself as really smart I just am willing to read and study. So I think anyone else willing to the do the same should be able to accomplish the same. Good luck and good studying for your test.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds