Skip to main content

Hindering Download Speed With Cisco Router

More
18 years 4 months ago #11939 by thompson
Yo Person,

How’s it going? Wondering if you gave up on the IPS or if you tried some of the changes I mentioned.

“try the ips on the external interface for inbound only also an IOS upgrade to: Version 12.4(4)T “

Anyone else not using the IPS on the 870 due to performance hits?? People share your findgins on this!

I'll try configuring mine this weekend with the IPS enabled on my clients vlan for inbound and outbound and inbound only for the perimeter vlan.
More
18 years 4 months ago #12043 by Person
Hey Thompson and Babis,

Sorry for the late reply, just finished the school year a couple of days ago (so I have tons of time now).

I am still with the standard IOS that come with the 877 and just enabling on one interface does makes no difference :cry:

Babis thanks for comfirming that a newer IOS fixes the problem. I really need to go and get a SmartNet. So, how does it work? Does Cisco ask for any details, etc?

Cheers and sorry for keeping you guys waiting
More
18 years 4 months ago #12473 by UHSsncmrm
Maybe I'm missing something, I don't see ACL 2 applied anywhere.

A scapegoat is often as welcome as a solution...never memorize what you can look up.
More
18 years 4 months ago #12476 by jwj
It's applied to the line vtys.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 4 months ago #12501 by Chris
Person,

You can purchase any Smartnet package you need through an authorised Cisco reseller or partner. They will require details such as type of Cisco equipment, serial numbers e.t.c These are standard practices of Cisco.

The prices for the Smartnet packages differ depending on the type of equipment you want it to cover and also the different level of services you need.

For more information on the Smartnet services, simply visit the following URL:
www.cisco.com/en/US/products/svcs/ps3034...s2978/serv_home.html

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds