Mind explaining what exactly you mean ?

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
21 years 3 months ago #3 by Manip
Replied by Manip on topic Amazon.com thing
So are you saying you don't make a % of each sale?
More
21 years 3 months ago #4 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Amazon.com thing
Manip,

Firewall.cx is expanding in every possible way in order to help people who are interested in the networking area. The primary reason, the partnership between Amazon.com and Firewall.cx exists, is because I know from experience how important it is to buy the right material for any certification.

"Making a % out of the sales" as you put it, is by far an incorrect way to perceive this, as this site is not a money making machine, something that any regular visitor would see and understand.

Firewall.cx is constantly increasing in size and traffic, this also means that its costs are also increasing. With this in mind, you can understand what I mean by supporting the site. I don’t think it’s a rip off, nor a ‘sell out’ to advise someone about buying a book that he/she is considering or perhaps looking for, in order to expand their knowledge or study for a certification. You would be amazed how many books I have on my bookshelf [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am sure people like yourself can appreciate a site that contains quality material and is banner FREE, has no popups or other advertising garbage throughout its pages.

Firewall.cx now has over 14,000 visitors per month who read more than 60,000 pages, and these figures are what advertises look at. You would be surprised how many advertises I had to reject for the sake of not making Firewall.cx an advertising website.

I simply wonder how many other webmasters would have done the same ? If you know any, please let me know so I can congratulate them.

Please do not take this post personaly, I think it's required in order to clarify and clear any misunderstandings that might have occured from long time visitors who just saw the announcement!

Feel free to comment on any of the above.

Regards,

Chris Partsenidis.

[ 27 January 2003: Message edited by: Admin ]

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 7 months ago #758 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Amazon.com thing
Actually I find the amazon sidebar quite interesting. Its very tastefully implemented in the new site layout, I dont know what manip is complaining about.. its not like its screaming 'click me' at you !!

This site contains such an awesome amount of information, its all very well to say that everything should be ad free .. but the world does not run on love and fresh air my friend.....

Hop across to some other networking sites... the techtarget sites, while they have very good information, are LOADED with advertising ! You should be lucky that this site is clearly layed out and focuses on delivering content, not selling you a product.

And I don't see how its 'selling out' you still get your information for free.. painstakingly written by other people who don't get paid for offering it to you.

Things like this piss me off.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds