For those who are unaware of the product, GFI EventsManager is one of the most popular software solutions that allows a network administrator, engineer or IT manager to actively monitor a whole IT infrastructure from a single intuitive interface.
Even though GFI EventsManager has been in continuous development, this time GFI has surprised us once again by introducing highly anticipated features that make this product a one-of-a-kind winner.
Below is a list of some of the new features included in GFI EventsManager 2013 that make this product a must for any company:
- Active network and server monitoring based on monitoring checks is now available and can function in conjunction with the log based monitoring system in order to provide a complete and thorough view of the status of your environment.
- The unique combination of active network and server monitoring through log-based network and server monitoring provides you not only with incident identification but also with a complete set of logs from the assets that failed, making problem investigation and solving much easier.
- Enhanced console security system helps complying with 'best practices' recommendations that imply access to data on a “need-to-know” basis. Starting with this version, each GFI EventsManager user can be assigned a subset of computers that he/she manages and the console will only allow usage of the data coming from those configured computers while the user is logged in.
- New schema for parsing XML files, available by default, that enables monitoring of XML–based logs and configuration files.
- New schema for parsing DHCP text logs that enables monitoring of DHCP IP assignment.
- More flexibility for storing events: the new database system has been updated to include physical deletion of events for easier maintenance and collection to remote databases.
- Hashing of log data for protection against attempts at tampering with the logs coming from outside the product, enables enhanced log consolidation and security.
- New reports for J Sox and NERC CIP compliance.