hey i need so help with a colege project that i have to do an i would appericate all the help i can get
i have to compare and contrast the DOS and Windows operating systems
1 operating system Functions
3 user interface
4 portability across various hardware platforms
5 file systems supported
if any body can help it could be great r even suggest web sites 4 wher i can get the info
tanks 8) 8)
dude 8) 8)
Re: operating systems help
14 years 5 months ago #3366
What versions of DOS and Windows are we comparing? The answers can very just as much as what we are comparing. If we are just speaking in general then here are a few general answers.
1) To many to list but: DOS/Windows: Defrag, Scan Disk, Change Directory, Make Directory, Etc…
2) DOS: Program’s are contained within there own folder and may use Config.sys and /or Autoexec.bat to help load at start. – Windows: Program’s are stored in their own folders but may use shared files and Autoexec.bat and/or Config.sys
3) DOS: command line text. – Windows: GUI Point and Click.
4) DOS (Clients): IBM, Compaq, Gateway, Compatible IBM’s, Etc... – Windows: (Clients) IBM, Compaq, Gateway, Compatible IBM’s, Etc… (Servers) Alphas and all posted to the left.
5) DOS: FAT, FAT16 -- Windows: FAT, FAT16 And NTFS
This should give you a basic start and help with further research.
I’m unaware of any URL’s that have a break down, but I’m sure there are some.