I am trying to setup SNMP on a solaris system and have traps sent to an NMS on a Windows box when I pull a cable on a network card or bring an interface down. I have the snmp daemon running and have set up my .reg and .acl files for mibiisa and snmpdx. I have a trap section defined and my hosts in that trap section go to a unix and a windows box (just incase I didn't get things set up correctly on one or the other). I have a subtree also defined for the interface cards enterprise OID in case I am not getting the the traps from the generic side of things.
So I have set up the following:
1) mibiisa.reg to recognize subtrees for mib-2, sun, intel (the card) and run snmpd as the agent
2) mibiisa.acl with a trap section that has hosts for a unix and windows box and the appropriate enterprises set up to forward traps 0 - 6
3) snmpdx.acl that looks excatly like mibiisa.acl
4) snmpdx.reg that has a relay-agent that has the subtrees of sun.2.15 and a port of 161
5) snmpd.conf file that specifies the two host names of my NMSes with the trap-community matching those as configured in the .acl files.
snmpd is running and I have snmptrapd running on my windows box.
I can generate a trap using snmp_trapsend and all works find, but when I got to donw the interface (not the one I am useing for the UDP messages out the door to the world) I get nothing. I have interfaces configured for 4 different networks. one netowrk is the management interface, the second is for heartbeat activity and specific stuff I want to take inbound messages on, the third and fourth are primary / backup for internal stuff. It is the three other interfaces I want to monitor and alarm on via traps but I cannot get anything to happen when i is ifconfig <interface> down / up.