Hi all, I wonder if someone could point me in the direction please. I'm looking to produce a plan for monitoring our IT infrastructure (small business) , mainly a web app, database, portal, network,etc and was wondering how to go about it i.e. what to include and what not to,etc.
My thoughts so far is to include stuff like, why monitoring is required, what's to be monitored, tools that would be used, cost, and implementation schedule.
Anyone have a sample of something similar just to get an idea, or useful links,etc? hav done a bit of google search but not getting much.
thanks for any contributions.
"...you are never too old to learn" anon
Re: Plan for infrastructure
6 years 1 month ago #38327
How about finding the answers to the following question.
1) How big is the infrastructure network?
2) How many devices need to be monitored
3) What is the level of monitoring required i.e. ICMP or SNMP
4) Is it just device monitoring or application monitoring as well
5) If you need to decide on a network monitoring system, then how much is the budget to buy such a software, (My preference would always be SNMPc from Castle Rock)
6) Where would you deploy the monitoring system and what would you use for it i.e. server etc
7) Do you need any form of trend analysis at the end of all this
The above question would generally give you an idea what you want to achieve, and based on that what you need to look for within your budget
Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean