Hot Downloads

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cisco SDM..what type of router?

Cisco SDM..what type of router? 7 years 1 month ago #32498

Thanks for access.. Site looks great. Anyway, I'm a fourth semester
Netacad student, and I hit a brick wall with doing SDM labs. Although I do attend an official class, I do alot of labs at home on my 2950's and 2650's.. Last weekend, I found out SDM doesnt support 2650's.. --They need to be of the XM variety. What does an XM have that my regular 2650 doesn't have?

Second question: I just want to get a XM type that has expansion slots so I can plug in a couple of WIC-1T's (must be db-60) what do you all recommend?

thanks all
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cisco SDM..what type of router? 7 years 1 month ago #32500

• Regeth
  • Frequent Member
To break it down to it’s finest point.. Not much.. the XM line has the better processor and will support SDRAM while the non-XM only support slower DRAM memory.

As far as your question about what type of router would be best.. I can’t give you that.. The way I look at questions like that is more like… How deep is your pockets? Look around on ebay, there is some good deals out there, I’ve just posted a link to a article about buying fake cisco gear.. While you do shop for your new router, have cisco’s search page open and do some research..

http://www.usedcisco.com/used_cisco_identifying_fake_chisco

Re: Cisco SDM..what type of router? 7 years 1 month ago #32504

• S0lo
  • Thank you received: 7
Regarding XM/SDM. The only thing I can think of at the moment that could prevent SDM from working on none-XM routers is the amount of Flash and RAM available. XM (eXtended Memory) basically has more flash/RAM.

For a new router, you probably know that most of the 2600 series routers generally have 1 NM slot and 2 WIC slots. This can support upto a total of 4 WICs. If you could hunt a good price for the 2621XM or 2651XM, it would be great because these have 2 built in FastEthernet ports.
Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx

Re: Cisco SDM..what type of router? 7 years 1 month ago #32525

yeah, I ended up buying a 2650XM.. according to cisco.com, sdm supports this router. bought it for $125 and a couple of WIC-1T's for $10 each

thanks
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN
  • IPSec Modes