Network layer Firewalls allow us to control the network layer transactions so we can allow / deny traffic defined in terms
of IP addresses and ports / protocols.
The better varieties of the Firewall allow a stateful-packet level inspection.
They are absolutely important and essential to ensure defence against protocol and network layer attacks.
But there are somethings they cannot do for example -
- Disallow users from searching and accessing pornographic material.
- Allow access to yahoo.com while disallowing attachment uploads to personal email accounts on yahoo mails.
- Filter cookies and header content to prevent breach of privacy, from specific web-sites.
- Use multiple virus-scanners to deliver redundancy levels of virus defence.
- Allow people to do leisurely surfing on individually specified time-slots.
- Set different bandwidth quotas (MB per hour / day / week) or quality of service (kb/s) for different web-sites per user.
- Set per user / group based rules to remove / allow pop-ups and activex controls or any other scripts, from specific
- Set per user rules to allow / deny specific browsers or other web-applications.
The above safeguards are important to prevent productivity / financial losses any enterprise could face.
SafeSquid: Content Filtering Internet Proxy, is arguably the best solution to achieve the above - easily, economically and
It's a power-house of features, that allows you to translate Internet Use Policies that you would have other-wise only
dreamt of. It allows you to do ALL OF THE ABOVE, and more!
Safesquid seems a very interesting software, I will try it first chance I get, only bad thing is that I am using OpenBSD for proxying/filtering that is not supported.
Now if I may ask, how is it that you post about safesquid and only about that everywhere on the web for months?
I mean posts like "Safesquid vs Squid", "I am a newbie and I want to know if safesquid is good", "I am planning to subscribe
Safesquid-Content Filtering Internet Proxy Server for my enterprise", etc., and then you suddenly jump to your "advertising mode" and inform us about it's features. I mean.. just google "davidwalton" yourself and enjoy..! Do you really think everyone's stupid? :?
This is a free community, one helps each other as we have a common interest in the same stuff, nobody will appreciate you if you only try to help yourself or your pocket.
- You would give a much better impression if you were sincere, i.e. explained that you are one of safesquid's developers (aren't you?) and asked for feedback. I don't think you would be criticized then..
- Safesquid seems to have interesting features, but that doesn't mean every other competitive software sucks. There are other excellent applications with similar features too, such as
and squid itself is the inspiration for Safesquid (if not something more..). Even squid's name was used, so it's not ethical to open discussions titled "squid VS safesquid" (again if you are related to safesquid project).
- If you are indeed involved in the development of the Safesquid project, probably you have much knowledge and experience. Trust me, it would be the best advertisement for safesquid if you contributed your knowledge by helping others instead of making stupid posts.
- If you are not related to safesquid project, my apologies, but then you would be acting nonsense.
Thanxs for reply it was nice answer i would like to apperciate yours think about this software . But i would really like you to register in the safesquid forum so you can get all the features and download the latest version of it and get a good support from our customer support team.
I'm not sure you got the point... It sounds to me like your trying to pitch a sale using this forum as your medium and how your approaching it makes you look like a sleazeball. If you want to reach the type of people that post in this forum, don't treat us like we are computer illiterate because... we really arent...