Skip to main content

Recovering overwritten database

More
18 years 9 months ago #9430 by defsoul
Hi,Didn't,know where to post this,
Some one must have overwritten my ms sql database coz it seems empty.Is there a way I can recover my data or is there software that I can use to get my data back.
I'm desparate :roll:
More
18 years 9 months ago #9431 by DaLight
Is it MSDE or the server-based version?
More
18 years 9 months ago #9444 by defsoul
Yes it is MSDE.
More
18 years 9 months ago #9448 by DaLight
Is it stored locally on your machine or remotely on a machine running Windows 2003 with Shadow Copy enabled. If not the latter, if you still have the transaction logs available (i.e. database was in full recovery mode), you may be able to get the data back.

Apart from that or using forensic techniques to recover the data from your hard disk if it was local, I don't know what to do. Are their any Database or data recovery experts out there?
More
18 years 9 months ago #9450 by defsoul
It is running on windows server 2003 machine but I don't know if shadow copy is enabled,If it is installed by default when installing serfer 2003 then it should be,if not then I'll probably have to take it a data recovery place,though I haven't deen any database recovery places around,but will look.
More
18 years 9 months ago #9451 by DaLight
To check if the folder containing your database has shadow copy enabled, do the following on the client machine:
1. Right-click on the folder and bring up the properties window
2. Look for a Tab called "Previous Versions". If it exists then there's hope.
3. If you select "Previous Versions", it should bring up a list of dates and times when a shadow copy was performed.
4. You can then choose to view or restore the folder of any files in it.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds