Skip to main content

Help! How to fix Windows 2000 Pro Login Security hole!!!

More
19 years 6 months ago #5384 by ernestx
I has problem don't know how to fix Windows 2000 Pro login problems and somemore my brother know how to hack system override my Server Domain & Security Policy setting without his account has been disable.

So really dun what do. I really have big problem to me. :(

I hope there anyone can help me.

Thank you. :?:
More
19 years 6 months ago #5386 by sahirh
Can you explain what you mean by 'hack the system'.. what exactly does he 'override'.... if his account is disabled what does he log in as ...
and what are the login problems you are facing.

Be a bit more descriptive.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 6 months ago #5390 by ernestx
My brother login as normal user. but he do is restart the system, type user name and password first type wrong password. Then secondly correct password then login accessed? :roll:
More
19 years 6 months ago #5391 by drizzle
He is probably logging in with cached credentials. If you are using AD you can disable logging in under cached credentials. If not, try editing the local security policy and disabling cached credentials on the local machine.
More
19 years 6 months ago #5393 by ernestx
More
19 years 6 months ago #5396 by Cool_Spot
You can always use the brute force method of pinning your brother against the nearest wall with a large hammer and tell him to stop being such an @rse!

Either that or the cached credential policy setting for Active Directory will do the trick! Good call drizzle.

Are u familier with setting local policys? Go into administrative tools and check out "local policys". In there "somewhere" under user config will be a setting to disable what drizzle suggests.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds