Skip to main content

Problem in IE

More
19 years 10 months ago #4389 by networkknaz
Problem in IE was created by networkknaz
Hi All, :D

This is naz from India working as Remote system Analyst
where i am giving support to end user by taking user's sytem control by remotly.

I have one BIG :twisted: Very Often problem in IE 5.5 and 6.0
error is " send report or dont send " pop up. please help me to come out this hell also i have done enough trouble shooting and our Problem managment team also working on it ( L2 team ).

but no good soultion as of now .

with hope and belive here i am posting my Q please help me and advise me . :)

Cheers

network naz :)
More
19 years 10 months ago #4391 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Problem in IE
hi naz

i believe that this should posted to another part of the forum...since this part is dedicated to reporting any problems encountered within the firewall.cx site.

anyway, regarding your question, there are many possibilities why the error report tool appears. it means that it has detected an error in an application that went out of commission. the best way to deal with this is to send error reports to microsoft so that they could make the necessary patches and updates.

another thing that since its only IE that prompts this error report, it might be that IE is not patch. be sure that you have patched IE to prevent any errors occuring most specifically during attacks.

another matter that could be look upon is that maybe some application that were installed is messing up IE which leads to the error reporting tool to pop up.

also this may be brought about by viruses or adwares. be sure that you have your AVs updated as well as adware removal tools such as Adaware or Spybot installed and updated as well.

these are just some that might cause the error reporting tool to pop up. this is actually, for me, a good thing since it is able to detect that something is wrong with your system and that should be look upon before things gets any worst.

hope that this have helped you in any way...

cheers
:D
More
19 years 10 months ago #4392 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Problem in IE
by the way, you could disable the error reporting tool if it bug you alot so that it won't pop up. the only problem is that you won't be able to detect whether an application is working fine under the windows hood or slowly crashing it up.
More
19 years 10 months ago #4397 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Problem in IE
Yes this post should be in another part of the forums.. most likely the Windows and DOS section. It will be moved there soon.

As far as your problem is concerned, you need to disable error reporting. Go to Start > Run > type 'services.msc' and press enter.

When the service configuration manager pops up, look for a service called 'error reporting service'... stop the service and disable it.

I'm working on a 2k box at the moment and I cant seem to see the service. However I'm absolutely sure its available in XP.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 10 months ago #4398 by networkknaz
Replied by networkknaz on topic Re: Problem in IE
Hi guyzz,

The problem is not my system its for my user and as you mentioned that need to install spybot its not possible in my company coz systems are running under heavy policies so i think better i will ask my user to click send lets see next step .

Thank you for your support and sorry for posted in wrong form.

Ping

Network Naz :)

network naz :)
More
19 years 10 months ago #4401 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Problem in IE
Nonononono.. this does not have anything to do with spybot..

just disable the error reporting service and you'll be fine.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds