Skip to main content

Bastille Linux

More
19 years 1 month ago #7557 by cybersorcerer
Bastille Linux was created by cybersorcerer
I came across these scripts the other night while surfing and decided to slap them on my laptop(slackware) which wasn't that hardened at the time. The installation went quite well, but when I went to execute the main file, it gave me the error that it could not find the perl tk module. The error also said if the module was indeed installed, I just needed to change the environment variable $CORRECT_PERL_PATH to map to the perl binary(for me it's in /usr/bin). I tried this fix and It did not work. As far as I know, the tk and curses modules were installed.

If anyone could offer any advice on how to fix this mild error I would appreciate it. :D

"He who breaks something to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."

Gandalf the Grey
More
19 years 1 month ago #7562 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Bastille Linux
hmm did you try downloading and reinstalling the mentioned PERL module? You can find it at CPAN repository.
More
19 years 1 month ago #7563 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Bastille Linux
I'd like to put my 2 cents worth and mention that there is a great site to help users looking for specific RPM/Binary packages for their Linux distro.

The site is www.pbone.net .

Once you visit the site, click on the 'advanced RPM search' button located right next to the blank text box and make your life easier!

Closing, I've been using the site for over 3 years now and it's reliable, stable and free!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 1 month ago #7565 by cybersorcerer
Replied by cybersorcerer on topic Re: Bastille Linux
I just tried opening up a cpan shell and tried to install curses and tk straight from there using this syntax

[code:1] perl -MCPAN -e 'shell'
install tk
install curses
[/code:1]
which worked to no avail, and I decided to dig through the cpan repository and I couldnt find a plain tk file.. it was filled with what looked like scripts that used the tk module itself or I just overlooked it.

Chris,
I'm using slackware and I don't remember adding support for RPM's(I usually install stuff from source anyways) when I installed it, but I'll look for a binary on that site if they have it. Thanks for the tips, Ill get back to you if it doesn't work.. trust me ;-)

Gandalf the Grey
More
19 years 1 month ago #7567 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Bastille Linux
You can download the module's source tarballs if you make a search at search.cpan.org and click at the author's name. Then you'll get the download link right next of each release. Just make sure you enter the complete module name i.e. "Tk::Carp" -it should be mentioned during the dependency failure of what you need to execute. Same applies to the MCPAN interface ;)

Also check if there's any unofficial slackage at www.linuxpackages.net -though I doubt it.
More
19 years 1 month ago #7591 by cybersorcerer
Replied by cybersorcerer on topic Re: Bastille Linux
ok reinstalled from the MCPAN shell and I still get the same error.. where can I change the $CORRECT_PERL_PATH so that it points to the perl directory. And just to make sure(Ive never coded in perl) how can I test that the TK module is operational? That might help me in the troubleshooting proccess

Gandalf the Grey
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds