Skip to main content

Linux Book!

More
17 years 4 days ago #21439 by george_mpsc
Linux Book! was created by george_mpsc
Is there anyone know how to use the Linux?..please teach me..or send me a tutorial class book..
i want to know how to use it..please!!!!

Tnx!
More
17 years 4 days ago #21442 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Linux Book!
Check out this link for a downloadable PDF.
More
16 years 9 months ago #22636 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Linux Book!
Sorry to re-open this old thread. The link provide looks really good however can anyone recommend a really good Unix/Linux book (physical book) ? I am totally new to it so need a book that explains the full installation process and other stuff. I was planning on starting with something like Debian.

Cheers

Wayne

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 9 months ago #22648 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Linux Book!
I recently picked up a Linux book on the flavor Fedora Core 7. I picked up Fedora 7 Unleashed by Andrew Hudson and Paul Hudson. The book so far does a great job of covering all the aspects of Linux, from installation to configurations.

I have breezed through the Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Bible book by Benjamin Mako Hill. The book seemed to cover the material pretty good.

Any particular reason why your choosing Debian? They ran Debian at my hold company, so I know its a solid distribution. But right now I am hooked on Fedora Core 7, the look and feel of it is great!

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
16 years 9 months ago #22654 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Linux Book!
No particular reason, a few of the servers at work (managed by a third party so i will not be able to touch them) are Debian so i thought that was as good a start as any.

I must confess i have never touched Linux/Unix so i am a total newbie and really have no clue where to start :) All ya help is much appreciated.

I am in the process of getting some Hard Drive Caddies so i can have a totally clean installation of Linux on my machine without touching my Windows Vista build and then I will look at buying VMWare Workstation so i can start playing around with different distributions and also other testing of things like Windows Longhorn, etc.... I have decided to go for VMWare Workstation for two reasons. 1. I can play around with the different distributions in the virtual environment and 2. We are starting to move towards VMWare at work so it gives me an opportunity to play around with it.

Cheers and all help appreciated

Wayne

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 9 months ago #22657 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Linux Book!
Djawanna borrow a book for a while? Got one I can lend you while you muck about and it will at least get you started
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds