Skip to main content

Id "mo" respawning too fast.. WHAT IS THIS?

More
17 years 6 days ago #21415 by monsky
Hi to all.

i am having this problem on my linux,

/usr/sbin/faxgettty: error while loading shared libraries: libfaxserver.so: cannot open shared object file: Input/output error
INIT: Id "mo" respawning too fast. disabled for 5 minutes.

then it seems hang already. when you press the return key it will proceed to this screen:

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)
Kernel 2.6.5-1.358 on i686

(none) login: _

but when i entered the root and the password it just showed the login prompt again and nothing happened.
how can i solve this problem? i googled this already and i cant find appropriate answer.

thnx a lot! :(
More
17 years 3 days ago #21455 by monsky
or how can i mount the volume so i could be able to retrieve the data. is it possible to boot from different device then retrieve the data on that hard disk?

need enlightenment on this, tnx :cry:
More
17 years 3 days ago #21461 by DaLight
Have you tried booting off a Live CD?
More
17 years 2 days ago #21475 by monsky
hi dalight,

no, i havent tried yet the live cd, but is the live cd the same as the other linux boot cd?
i've tried the basic linux boot cd, i have mounted the hda1 to the /mnt/hd, but still i can only view the /boot, the initrd image and other boot files but not the whole filesystem. what i want to happen is to transfer the recoverable files from that harddisk to a new hardisk. how can i do that? any hint pls..
More
17 years 2 days ago #21490 by DaLight
With a Linux CD/DVD based distro like Knoppix, you will be able to boot fully into Linux and do whatever you want.
More
17 years 1 day ago #21518 by monsky
ill try it..

tnx you dalight
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds