Skip to main content

Network issue.

More
18 years 8 months ago #9886 by Kn1ght
Network issue. was created by Kn1ght
I have a network with a linksys router handing out IPs (dchp). There are 4 computers working fine, great, and dandy. There is one laptop we are trying to hook to the network, that for the life of it will not work correctly. I have moved it do different points in the network. I have given it a static IP. But what happens is it gets an IP addrsess after a longer-then-normal-wait. Then if you ping www.yahoo.com (or even the gateway) it loses 25 to 50% of the packets. So if you loose 25% of your data obviously the internet via IE isn't going to work... I'm stumped seems how everything else is working great. I took the laptop to another network and it works GREAT there, so it isn't the network card. It has the same problem all over the network so it isn't the cable.... any ideas? S?

Thanks
More
18 years 8 months ago #9895 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Network issue.
Have you checked to see if there is a firewall blocking traffic?

or, get both the laptop and a PC online together and try ipconfig /all and compare the settings to see if you can spot any differences.

Apart from that, don't know, but I'll think about it and maybe have a chat with the bishop.
More
18 years 8 months ago #9901 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Laptop
Check the speed/duplex mode setting on the laptop's LAN card. It may be that you have a duplex mismatch or an autonegotiation problem. Try fixing the speed/mode of the port on the switch and the laptop's card to the same settings and see if that makes any difference
More
18 years 7 months ago #9967 by Kn1ght
Replied by Kn1ght on topic thanks
that helped a lot thank ya'll

Thanks
More
18 years 7 months ago #10032 by Kn1ght
Replied by Kn1ght on topic Re: Network issue.
what happened is I guess there was a problem while updating the firm ware... it is the strangest thing I've ever seen! (well not really, but still strange)

Thanks
More
18 years 7 months ago #10086 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Problem
Glad you fixed it Kn1ght
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds