Skip to main content

IP listed on blacklist

More
14 years 1 month ago #33541 by ZiPPy
IP listed on blacklist was created by ZiPPy
Our company is currently on the Blacklist for SpamCannibal. We did have a spamming issue where our queue in Exchange was full of spam. That has been fixed. I've checked a few thins on the Exchange server to ensure we aren't sending out spam.

Checked to make sure our Exchange isn't a relay. The queue is currently clean with only a couple spam messages. The server is also fully patched and the IMF is updated.

I've contacted SpamCannibal by submitting a petition that we are a legitimate company and not a spammer. What I have noticed is during business hours we are listed on the Blacklist, but after hours we are not.

What else can I check? Staying on the Blacklist for SpamCannibal is preventing about 40% of emails to bounce back.

Has anybody gotten on the Blacklist, in particular SpamCannibal. From what I understand they are one of the hardest to get off.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 1 month ago #33545 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: IP listed on blacklist
Their site design seems to attempt to essentially cause would be spammers to have their resources tied up in a loop. Essentially an "attack" if you will. Your pretty much at their mercy.

Your only course of action is to follow this link in an attempt to get "delisted":

www.spamcannibal.org

Then click "contact" and follow the directions.

In theory you can only get on their list by spamming their servers unfortunately there are a lot of unintentional ways that that can happen. Once your on the list you pretty much have 2 options short of changing your addressing information which are beg and plead.

I'm curious how if what they are doing could be considered a malicious and damaging to your private property in a court of law. Essentially the goal of their program is to "Crash or Slow" a server. (in their words I might add)

DDOS attacks are only illegal because is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users and I do not see how this is any different. If begging and pleading doesn't work you can always send them a Nuisance Notice of detinue legal threat (which basically means your notifying them that if they don't remove the IP you will be attempting to reclaim damages for lost property/revenue because of their Tortious interference on the detained good which was your bandwidth). Generally this type of threat is called a cease and desist letter and they generally work quite nicely.

Example:
( www.einvestigator.com/investigation_arti...nd_desist_letter.htm )

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
14 years 1 month ago #33546 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: IP listed on blacklist
is it listed here: www.spamhaus.org/

always Face your Fears...
More
14 years 1 month ago #33549 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: IP listed on blacklist
@ Nevins
I have attempted to delist from there site by providing my information and stating that we are a legitimate company. No response from them, of course.

@ Alans
We are not listed at www.spamhaus.org That is also a good site for me to add to my bookmarks. Thanks!

At this point I would like to dig deeper to see what got us on the blacklist in the first place, but I'm starting to run out of area's to hit on.

Killabee pointed me to the following URL: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-spam_techniqu...-mail_administrators

So I'm going to go through this document. If anybody else has any suggestions or comments, please let me know.

Extra thanks to Killabee for some direction via that URL! I owe ya one mate!!

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 1 month ago #33551 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: IP listed on blacklist
The fact that your a " legitimate company" means nothing to them I'm guessing. To them it's not about your legitimacy it's about if your sending unsolicited mail to them. What they care more about is that your not sending mail to them they didn't ask for. If you can show them that they received the mail in error or that someone in their network signed up for your news letter thats most-likely the most important thing.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
14 years 1 month ago #33552 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: IP listed on blacklist
Unfortunately, I would have to agree with you Nevins. I could tell them I'm part of the Obama administration and it still wouldn't mean squat. The fact of the matter is, our server was caught sending spam. *sigh*

Still tracking and investigating the all mighty, intimidating Exchange server...

Cheers mate,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds