Skip to main content

Passing my ICND1 Exam

More
14 years 9 months ago #31024 by pedenski
Guys, ive just passed my first exam for the CCNA. ^^ ICND1. tho its not much of a big deal, but it makes me feel that im part of cisco now, and pretty much having the first step to become an engineer.

much more importantly, I thank FIREWALL.CX for helping me gain more knowledge and also as being one of the primary resources that i have.

now, any advice for the icnd2? ^^

:lol:
More
14 years 9 months ago #31027 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Passing my ICND1 Exam
Congratulations!
Tips for part 2? Study the material, get experience on live kit/simulators, and make sure your subnetting is rock solid. If you've got ICND1 under your belt then you're well on your way to success
More
14 years 9 months ago #31045 by pedenski
Replied by pedenski on topic Re: Passing my ICND1 Exam
thank you ^^

tho i dont have a real cisco devices.. I dont have that kind of money to buy one. uhm. instead of buying one, i used my money to pay for my exam.. so im quite in a tight budget.. im stuck with packet tracer and GNS. altho they are handy but nothing beats the actual simulation >,<

anyway.. thanks alot.. Im really proud of myself and im studying more and more to pass my CCNA. prolly save some money.. for the exam ~_~
More
14 years 9 months ago #31046 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Passing my ICND1 Exam

tho i dont have a real cisco devices.. I dont have that kind of money to buy one. uhm. instead of buying one, i used my money to pay for my exam.. so im quite in a tight budget.. im stuck with packet tracer and GNS. altho they are handy but nothing beats the actual simulation >,<

You could search ebay for some old Cisco models like the 2924 switch or the 2514, 3620 routers. You could find really reasonable prices in the $30 to $100 range. And those are more than enough to pass CCNA.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 4 months ago #33137 by FlipRich
Replied by FlipRich on topic Re: Passing my ICND1 Exam

Rich
Network Engineer /CCNP, CCNA-S
Tallahassee, FL
More
14 years 4 months ago #33138 by thimer
Replied by thimer on topic Re: Passing my ICND1 Exam
Hello Pedenski,

Firstly congratulations for that. I'd like to ask you how much did you pay for the exam? Did you find it hard at all? Any tips for us?
Did you use the official book from cisco press (wendel odom) for studying?

Thanks a lot.
thimer
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds