Skip to main content

LINKSYS TECHSUPPORT

More
19 years 11 months ago #3609 by nessagirl
if you have
>>> any problem
>>> questions
>>> comments
regarding LINKSYS devices you can post it here.... I'd be glad to help... :)

~~~~~~ oOo ~~~~~~
"£ôve has nôthing tô dô with what yôu are expecting tô get,
it's what yôu are expected tô give -- which is everything."
"£ôve is patient and kind;
It is nôt jealôus ôr prôud;
£ôve is nôt selfish ôr irritable;
£ôve
More
19 years 11 months ago #3626 by SixFive7
Replied by SixFive7 on topic 5 port switch
Hey nessagirl,

I have a 5 port linksys switch (blue version) at my home. Is there any software in it that I can connect to?

Thanx already,
SixFive7

SixFive7
More
19 years 11 months ago #3628 by nessagirl
Replied by nessagirl on topic Re: 5 port switch

Hey nessagirl,

I have a 5 port linksys switch (blue version) at my home. Is there any software in it that I can connect to?

Thanx already,
SixFive7

connect to where? mainly switch and hubs doesnt have a setup utility or web based utility like router does... if im not mistaken you want to use the switch to have an internet connectivity right?
since your using a switch (1)you may use any ICS software(can be purchased at any computer retailer store) to share your internet connection - ICS software will only be installed at your main pc; or (2) you need to purchase another ip address(es) from your ISP for your other computer(s)... (3) i can as well suggest you to get a router instead if internet connection sharing is very much important to you.

~~~~~~ oOo ~~~~~~
£ôve
More
19 years 11 months ago #3630 by Neon
Replied by Neon on topic Re: LINKSYS TECHSUPPORT
Six,

I assume your question could also be asked as "does my switch have any management abilities". As nessagirl said mainly switches (with less than 16 ports) and especially hubs don’t have configuration software. (However some 6 port gigabit switches DO come with management abilities)

A thing to point out is that any switch that does have management abilities, it usually comes with a separate console port to configure the switch.
More
19 years 11 months ago #3633 by nessagirl
Replied by nessagirl on topic Re: LINKSYS TECHSUPPORT

Six,

I assume your question could also be asked as "does my switch have any management abilities". As nessagirl said mainly switches (with less than 16 ports) and especially hubs don’t have configuration software. (However some 6 port gigabit switches DO come with management abilities)

A thing to point out is that any switch that does have management abilities, it usually comes with a separate console port to configure the switch.

exactly.

~~~~~~ oOo ~~~~~~
£ôve
More
19 years 11 months ago #3647 by SixFive7
Replied by SixFive7 on topic Re: LINKSYS TECHSUPPORT
No... was just wondering whether I could read some SNMP data or something.... the switch on my work allows that... It also allows all these other options, like port trunking, flow controll, or MAC listing.... and blablabla.

Thanx for the help though!
It's difficult to find a place where people are so helpfull nowadays....

grtz,
SixFive7

SixFive7
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds