3750 Stacking

• gagamboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago #27930 by gagamboy
3750 Stacking was created by gagamboy
Hi Guys,

Do you have any idea on stacking? What is the concept of it? Does it provide redundancy or network speed?

Any inputs are highly appreciated. Thanks and more powers to all.

Cheers!
Gagamboy :D
More
15 years 6 months ago #27935 by diskdoc
Replied by diskdoc on topic Re: 3750 Stacking
I use 3750 stacks at the edge on my network. The main benifit is easy expandability, management, and rerplacement. If I need 48 more ports, I just drop in another 3750 to the stack. I then just have to configure the new switches ports.

The stack looks like one switch when managing and configuring.

If a 3750 fails, just configure the replacement to the same switch number as the failed part, and the switch is automaticly configured from the master 3750 when powered up. You don't have to take down the rest of the stack.

There are 2 stack ports on each switch; you make a daisy chain with the last switch connected to the first. Each stack port runs at 32Gb/S.
More
15 years 6 months ago #27940 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: 3750 Stacking
3750 stacking is excellent. I've used a fair few stacking products in the past and Cisco have just about got it right with the 3750
  • gagamboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago #27954 by gagamboy
Replied by gagamboy on topic Re: 3750 Stacking
Hi Guys,

What happen if the master switch fails? I believe the master switch contains the IOS version and configuration on where the other switches inherited. Is there any fail-over mechanism for this situation?

thanks.

Cheers!
More
15 years 6 months ago #27956 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: 3750 Stacking
All the member switches hold a copy of the entire stack's config. If the master switch fails the remaining members will hold an election and one of them will take over as the new master
  • gagamboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago #27959 by gagamboy
Replied by gagamboy on topic Re: 3750 Stacking
Hello Guys,

Do you have any links on where the stacking is describe more deeply? Or let's just say on how to configure a 3750 switch stack. :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers :)
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds