Skip to main content

Ethical hacking

More
13 years 4 months ago #35750 by Nasiru
Ethical hacking was created by Nasiru
helloooooooooooooooooooooo!
though am new in networking say for a year now but i picked interest in ethical hacking. am confused but interested in knwing may
be i shud learn security first or go just go straight?
even if i shud learn say security, which of the programs/appilication is advisable first.in short, i nid a breakdown on how to go.
pls it shud be simplified(i have not done any secuity course before).
thanks.
More
13 years 4 months ago #35751 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: Ethical hacking
If you are going into CEH then automatically you are going into security because security encompasses CEH. You have to be a network engineer first before going into security.

Visit www.lulu.com/spotlight/onlysose
to download a free IT career guide

Also, I want to draw your attention to your use of language, this is a professional forum and it will do a lot of good if you present yourself professionally with good use of words

thank you
More
13 years 4 months ago #35752 by Syberwired
Replied by Syberwired on topic Re: Ethical hacking

You have to be a network engineer first before going into security.

Actually you do not have to be a network engineer first before going into security. Even as a CEH, one can be a java programmer and get into CEH from a point of pen testing the web applications.
More
13 years 4 months ago #35766 by Nasiru
Replied by Nasiru on topic thanks
i, thanks for the click.
More
13 years 4 months ago #35778 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: Ethical hacking
May be I should have said it in this way:
You will be better off going into security through networking, because security is all about access now we are talking of networking. You see security better from a networking perspective. I can imagine a security guy without the knowledge of IPs. IF You have the choice going into security not through networking, please dont make that choice.
More
13 years 3 months ago #35857 by Losh
Replied by Losh on topic Re: Ethical hacking
All i can say is that you need to be a good programmer to know how a hacker thinks.
Then secondly, you need to know basic security threats and breaches; thats why i'd recommend you take a look at CCNA Security books.

~ Networking :- Just when u think its starting to make sense......... ~