Skip to main content

Firewall.cx diagrams

More
17 years 7 months ago #16963 by Starfire
I just wanted to voice my appreciation of your diagrams in the Networking section. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and your diagrams are very helpfull at bringing across the concept being shown and more importantly, they stay in the mind for later recolection.

What software do you use to create them ?

It would be a great help for me to use that format for my own study material when trying to remember my notes more easily.
More
17 years 6 months ago #16965 by aminos
Replied by aminos on topic Re: Firewall.cx diagrams
well I guess with Microsoft visio you can do some pretty good network diagrams, I guess those of the VLAN section are pretty good examples
More
17 years 6 months ago #16966 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Firewall.cx diagrams
Iasked Chris once and he said he did them in Visio using the Cisco templates which apparently are available on the Cisco website. However I've dug around on their website a few times and failed to find anything I can sucessfully load into my copy of Visio. Anyone know where they are?
More
17 years 6 months ago #16967 by Dudbolt
Replied by Dudbolt on topic Cisco Diagrams
I'm sure i have a copy somewhere if you need them, drop me an email to garrettlmurphy@goglemail.com.

G.

Oh, just remembered, freentworknotepad is very good and you can get some Cisco diagrams there.
More
17 years 6 months ago #16972 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: Firewall.cx diagrams
I looked for Visio stencil packs for cisco and found loads.

If you have Visio, look at www.cisco.com/web/about/ac50/ac47/2.html for the standard shapes.

[ Doing it this way must have taken absolutely ages to get those diagrams done in the networking section unless your some sort of Visio Guru ]

I found out that Cisco like Visio... a lot!
They have all sorts of product stencils freeware on their site right down to the extent that you have a stencil for a networking device and on the icon is a bank of connectors (representing say switch connections) which you can attach cable connectors to and lead off to other devices like PCs, router connectors etc. It doesn't do validation but is just for pictorial purposes but it's still impressive if it works like that.
Look here. www.cisco.com/en/US/products/prod_visio_icon_list.html and you can see they have gone to town on Visio as a network diagram tool.
And Here... ftp://ftp.mtmnet.com/pub/Cisco_product_icons11.zip

Other usefull visio templates may be found at www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm .
(Good luck trying to find one on garden layouts - yes I know... I'm very sad)

Now I just have to remember how to use Visio which has been sitting on my PC for ages gathering dust.

NB: To get them into Visio
Download and unzip to the .vss file and then open the .vss within Visio. It knows it's a stencil and it opens it in the stencil panel.

Can see TheBishop giving Rockape a new project pretty soon ;)
More
17 years 6 months ago #16975 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Firewall.cx diagrams
Thanks
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds