Skip to main content

Forum avatars

More
18 years 5 months ago #10939 by jwj
Forum avatars was created by jwj
80x80 and the file size less than 6 KB. I've been wanting to change mine for a while but I can't make any I like meet that criteria. Any way that could be loosened up a little, like up to 100x100? It's no big deal if not. I still like Reno 911. 8)

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 5 months ago #10947 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: Forum avatars
Another thing i would like to know that if i want to upload my own customized avatar instead of these smilies that are provided by default by the site what's the procedure for that ?

Sorry but i couldn't find the way to do it.

Cheers :D

~Pranav

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 5 months ago #10956 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Forum avatars
Click here to access your profile. Scroll down to the Avatar control panel at the bottom of the page, and you can now load one from disk or a URL.
More
18 years 5 months ago #10957 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Forum avatars
Jeremy,

I regret to inform you that Frequent Members are not allowed to modify their avatar :)

You'll have to make 1500+ posts in order to move up a level and then have the ability to change the avatar. I'm sure that won't take you long 8) (joking hey!)

The restrictions in place are to ensure the time the site takes to fully load on a web browser is kept minimum. Even today, I consider the interface a bit heavy, so I'd suggest simply performing a resize and cut-down in quality of your new avatar to bring it in line with guidelines.

If you like I can also help you with this process.

Just let me know!

Cheers mate,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 5 months ago #10989 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Forum avatars
Will I be Super Duper Mega Man Member when I get to 1500 posts? Haha, I'll just stick with what I have. I wonder how many visit this site with dial-up?

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 5 months ago #10997 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Forum avatars
Good question!

Could perhaps be our next poll!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds