Skip to main content

CCNP or CCSP??

More
19 years 2 months ago #7481 by pothead
CCNP or CCSP?? was created by pothead
Which is a better path to take...the CCNP/Routing CCIE or CCSP/Security CCIE ?? As far as as industry value is concerned which one if more valued?
More
17 years 1 month ago #20343 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: CCNP or CCSP??
I've looked down that path recently, only as far as CCNP/CCSP not to the CCIE level. What I found is that CCSP have a higher earning potential, but CCNP's have a broader appeal... That is to say you can make more as a CCSP, but have access to more job types, and specific jobs with a CCNP.

I'm fairly new to the networking community.. So if anyone wants to comment I'm intrested to know if my findings are in line with what everyone else feels.
More
17 years 1 month ago #20350 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: CCNP or CCSP??
Sounds about right, however its also worth pointing out here that you also do need to be in a position to get the real hands on experience aswell. What job are you currently doing and does it give scope in either of them routes ?

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 1 month ago #20628 by adam2112
Replied by adam2112 on topic Re: CCNP or CCSP??
I've been wondering this, as well. I am leaning toward going the security route because lately, the recruiters I am dealing with seem to have a lot of firewall related jobs that they are unable to fill.
More
17 years 1 month ago #21047 by unlight
Replied by unlight on topic Re: CCNP or CCSP??
I guess there will always be a niche for experienced and qualified security experts, thus the potential for more money. But I think I'll be corny and recommend that you should choose whichever path you find more interesting. For me I much prefer hands on routing and design over security.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21502 by lavage
Replied by lavage on topic Re: CCNP or CCSP??
both good
depends on your interest.
I think networking is a little bit more basic than security. I mean security knowledge based on some networking knowledge.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds