Skip to main content

Anybody can help? CCNA Thessaloniki??

More
18 years 2 months ago #13391 by savchatzip
Hello!

I am currently on MSc course about nerworking. I plan to go for CCNA next year..
I was wondering (that probably concerns greeks) if there is anyone that can help about any institutions that deliver short courses on it in Thessaloniki.

Paides opoios mporei na bohthisei...Thanks (I hope that greek is alright on the forum)
More
18 years 2 months ago #13404 by The_Berzerker
Hey mate,
First of all welcome to the forums. Secondly writing in greek is not advisable as most of the people in the forum will not understand it :wink:
Now on to the ccna you could check New Horizons Thessaloniki ( www.newhorizons.gr ) but i would also recommend you (since you have some knowledge) self-studying.
Think about it and let us know
Cheers
More
18 years 2 months ago #13405 by savchatzip
Thanks a lot for the reply and the link.

yeah i was thinking about trying to go for it myself but i have not idea what kind of work i will have to study for it. Of course I can find out about these things.
But isn't there any equipment required? Like cisco routers or servers to adjust etc...

So what would be required for the self study? (i would prefer to do that as it will come a lot cheaper to my pocket).

Thanks
More
18 years 2 months ago #13451 by The_Berzerker
Well for start you should buy a self-study book, I recommend either the certification library from ciscopress or from sybex. On to the equipment you have to options, you can use a network simulator like boson's netsim ( a limited edition is bundled with the ccna certification library from ciscopress, which covers all the labs) or you can buy used or new equipment and set up a lab at your home.
Think about it and let us know.
We would be glad to help and assist you
Cheers
More
18 years 2 months ago #13468 by Chris
savchatzip,

My experience tells me that self study courses are as good as you make them :)

It might take you a bit longer than expected to fully understand the concepts introduced, but you can always utilise sites like ours to help you through the process !

I too agree with the Berzerker, Sybex and Ciscopress offer great titles for these courses and you certainly can't go wrong!

In a few days we'll also be able to help you on the equipment side of things, just hang in there for a bit longer.

p.s Where abouts in Thessaloniki are you ?

Cheers

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 2 months ago #13472 by jwj
Is this a hint that the lab is almost ready for primetime? :)

-Jeremy-
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds