Skip to main content

VPN Info

More
19 years 4 days ago #8257 by ZiPPy
VPN Info was created by ZiPPy
Hey guys I was wondering if anybody knew of a good place to read up on VPNs. Im talking about some serious detail not just a simple search on google and it gives you "How VPNs Work"

Also why isn't there any info about VPNs on the site here, just wondering. Maybe we could add some info about them.

I plan on getting a second 3mb cable connection and would like to setup a VPN between them where I could do penetration testing, hacking and security tests in house. I plan on using a D-Link VPN Firewall along with a PIX 501 on the other side. Any info or ideas on how I could set this up would be most appreciated.

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
19 years 3 days ago #8259 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: VPN Info
Zippy,

We've been falling behind with our new material due to the Cisco lab development, but VPN's are top on the list of topics we will tackle. The closest topic to VPN's that we have is our IP Security (IPSec) page under networking/protocols.

As far as the penetration testing, I'm sure Sahir can provide some good advise as it's his job and hobby after all :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 3 days ago #8261 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic totally
I bet you guys are busy with the Cisco Lab. I just thought I would throw up a post and check. Sahir I am looking for you :lol: You are the security penetration man. What do you think of my idea I posted above? Let me know sir. Thanks

Chris I shall wait patiently for the VPN section. :)

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
19 years 3 days ago #8263 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: VPN Info
Hi Zippy tell me what you'd like to know..
Do you want to pen-test a VPN or something similar?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 3 days ago #8264 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic vpn continue
I would like to setup a VPN between my two cable connections. I would like to do some penetration tests on the VPN to lock it down solid. I wanted to setup a few file servers in the VPN where I could access them from both cable connections. I wanted to read up on VPNs and find out how to really secure them which brings me back to my original post.

What do you recommend I use when conducting penetration tests or what types of methods?

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
18 years 10 months ago #8790 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic hey hey
hey hey! Does anybody know what happened to Sahir?

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds