Skip to main content

Regulations, legal issues when building a LAN/WAN

More
20 years 1 month ago #2925 by fresh2kuk
I've got an assignment on networking, and there is a question asking about legal issues, regulations when building a LAN/WAN.
I can't find anything at all on the internet about this, but my lecturer says there are.

CAN someone please help?
More
20 years 1 month ago #2927 by Jack
Fresh2kuk –

Any way you can post the actual question?
Don’t quite understand the question.

Does it mean thou shall not steal bandwidth? <-- Legal Issue?
Does it mean we should know all about the 802.11 committee? <-- Regulations?

Side note, while researching this question, I ran across more web bugs then I have ever seen!

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #2932 by fresh2kuk
Replied by fresh2kuk on topic my question
my question is-
are there any regulations to follow when building a WAN network across two LANs?
Any legal issues to consider?
any authorities to consider?
More
20 years 1 month ago #2935 by sahirh
Regulations when building a LAN ?? You mean stuff like how you should cable etc.. no more than 500 Meters for this section etc etc stuff like that ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #2950 by tfs
How you cable are standards, not regulations.

There are regulations dealing with how a network is handled in different situations. For example, in a company situation there are regulations on how to handle ownership of the information on your computer as well as the data that gets transmitted along the companies network.

People scream if a company goes into your computer at work - claiming privacy. This is not the case at work. The company owns the computer you use at work. It owns the programs on your computer and it owns the network. You are only allowed to use these tools to do your work. They can at any time go into your computer and scan the network for unauthorized usage (including email). But the company also must put in the handbook what these rules are and the employee must sign off on it.

I don't know if that is what fresh2kuk was looking for, but that is one answer.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 1 month ago #2953 by fresh2kuk
Replied by fresh2kuk on topic regulations
that will probably help me!
i want to know more about the regulations such as, "are there specific areas in a building or in a street to placse network cables?"

do you have to notify any authorities that you want to place network cables?
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds