Skip to main content

Checkpoint Firewall-1 Problem

More
20 years 2 months ago #2734 by TheBishop
Hi
I have Checkpoint Firewall-1 managed from a central admin server (Solaris) and controlled using the GUI Checkpoint-1 management app (from Windows PC). It all worked fine until the central server blew a disk and had to be rebuilt. Since then I can't view current firewall logs and can't install new rulesets. Errors seem to point to the secure management connection between the admin machine and the firewall machines being failed in some way - errors often mention 'corrupt ca' etc. Can anyone suggest where I start troubleshooting this?
Thanks!
More
20 years 2 months ago #2737 by sahirh
Might have something to do with the fact that when you set it up first time, you generate keys or certificates for the admin console and the management server can communicate securely, when you rebuilt the server, the certificates it has don't match with the admin ones.. so its refusing you access..

something like that either way.... ;)

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 2 months ago #2768 by TheBishop
Thanks Sahirh, I think it must be something like that. I'll have to do some more investigation and if that fails I'll reinstall the lot. That should fix it :!:
More
20 years 2 months ago #2774 by Chris
TheBishop,

I've just received a neat book on Checkpoint's Firewall-1 NG which also includes a generous amount of information on troubleshooting the product.

If you can either post or email me the errors you are receiving, I'll try and see if there are any similar scenarios in the book that might lead to a successful resolution.

Iif your planning to email me, just view my profile and hit the email button :)

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 2 months ago #2780 by sahirh
Did the Gods at Prentice Hall smile again or was the book from somewhere else ;) ?

Firewall 1 is a really really nice product.. and surprisingly easy to use.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 2 months ago #2787 by Chris
Urhm ... the gods smiled :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds