Skip to main content

back tracing

More
15 years 8 months ago #27144 by sose
back tracing was created by sose
I need to know what to do first to back trace the activities of a hacker if I just snatch his pc before he can cover his tracks.Some time I see cops in movies just enter an organisation and snatch a server. what are the things they do the system to recover past events-- something like explorer histories , cookies etc that sort of thing

sose
More
15 years 8 months ago #27149 by silentko
Replied by silentko on topic Re: back tracing
There are software you can use to recover deleted data. if you look in the net am sure ull fine some.
More
15 years 8 months ago #27155 by Mutex
Replied by Mutex on topic Re: back tracing
First you'll need a tool to crack or reset his OS password for you to login. I know about two ways:

1. Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk: home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/
This will let you create a boot disk that will eventually reset/blank his password so that you can login.

2. Ophcrack: ophcrack.sourceforge.net/
The liveCD version will try the most recent methods (rainbow attack if I recall right) to find out the hackers password. It will not reset it. But it can take some time to do the cracking.

Second, you'll need some tools too get out his info quickly. Check here: www.nirsoft.net/utils/index.html

Check the IECookiesView, IEHistoryView, MyLastSearch tools. There are many others that you might find useful. You'll be amazed!!

I feel like I'm teaching hacking here !!
More
15 years 8 months ago #27156 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: back tracing
Mutex
firstly I will like to welcome to this almighty forum

secondly, you have to realise that the criminal hackers use thesame tools as the non criminal hackers, because these tools are also useful for administratively troubleshooting networks. the gun is a good example

sose
More
15 years 8 months ago #27158 by Mutex
Replied by Mutex on topic Re: back tracing
sose,

Thanks, by the way I'm actually S0lo :) Been having problems with my account here, so I created a new one!!

Yup they use the same tools.
More
15 years 8 months ago #27159 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: back tracing
ah ha! you have really gone solo, I have actually made a similar post like this in the past before u resurrected as mutex.

when u were like "I feel I am teaching hacking" I thought you were trying to sell ur knowledge to the highest- the black hat dudes and the white hat dude :lol:

all thesame I welcome the newer version of solo
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds