Skip to main content

PIX and FreeRADIUS

More
16 years 11 months ago #22159 by anti-hack
PIX and FreeRADIUS was created by anti-hack
Hi All,

Has anyone worked with FreeRADIUS as the AAA server for PIX. Basically i want to get the RADIUS to authenticate and authorize my remote VPN users and only on specific ports for specific users.

i already have configured the FreeRADIUS on my network, but i haven't configured it to work with the PIX.

Any help would be great.
More
16 years 10 months ago #22201 by anti-hack
Replied by anti-hack on topic Re: PIX and FreeRADIUS
hi guys,

anyone worked on it?? i am 100% sure some of you must have configured RADIUS with a PIX.
More
16 years 10 months ago #22202 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: PIX and FreeRADIUS
Sorry this is something i have never done. I have tried setting up RSA Authentication on my network and failed misserably........just waiting for a firm to come back with a price to set it up to secure our SSL VPN Solution.

I am planning on looking at RSA's AAA Radius service when we get this setup but thats not going to be until October ish......

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 10 months ago #22237 by anti-hack
Replied by anti-hack on topic Re: PIX and FreeRADIUS
Hi All,

I have finally got the PIX to use FreeRADIUS for authentication and authorization and i works great.

Any one interested? Please let me know and i would be glad to share the knownledge.
More
16 years 10 months ago #22242 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: PIX and FreeRADIUS
Share the wealth...!!!

I know i'll be intrested in trying that out.. Maybe impress the Sr. Admin and my boss...!!!

So yes.. post Post!
More
16 years 10 months ago #22243 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: PIX and FreeRADIUS
anti-hack,

Have you got incoming VPN users terminating on the Cisco PIX?

If so, can you obtain statistics such as session duration per user from the FreeRadius system?

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds