Skip to main content

SUS Server

More
19 years 8 months ago #4606 by chandak76
SUS Server was created by chandak76
Hi,I'm trying to setup a sus server on a windows server 2003 machine.I have installed iis and everything according to the microsoft white paper.The problem is when i try to synchronize the server after finishing the installatin (http://localhost/SUSAdmin) i get a messege (Your server was unable to synchronize with the microsoft windows update servers.Clicking OK displays more information in the synchronization log),and when i try to access the updates using (http://sever-name/SUSadmin) I get a blank page.I'm running on a network with a proxy server but have configured that as well(used the proxy ip address).What Am I doing wrong.
More
19 years 8 months ago #4620 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: SUS Server
Can you access Windows Update manually from that PC ?

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 8 months ago #4630 by chandak76
Replied by chandak76 on topic Re: SUS Server
Unfortunately I can not access windows updates manually but can do it on other machines on the network.Is there something i did not do right when instaalling windows server 2003.
More
19 years 8 months ago #4632 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: SUS Server
chandak76,

You should be able to perform manual updates from the server and I can't see any reason why not.
I suggest you take a good look at your server once more, including the event viewer which is most times a great source of information for such problems.

Let us know what the results were!

cheers

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 8 months ago #4633 by chandak76
Replied by chandak76 on topic Re: SUS Server
When I try to connect to the windows update server I get this message.

"Windows Update Error

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update services, or send us your feedback.

Windows Update Home Page
About Windows Update
Support Information
You can also get online support if you are having problems with Windows Update.

Send error number to Microsoft (0x80190193)
Note This sends error information but does not create a support incident; you may or may not receive a response".
More
19 years 8 months ago #4656 by jackeen
Replied by jackeen on topic Re: SUS Server
wasn't there a problem with windows update in windows 2003 server and microsoft released a patch for this.

maybe that would be a good place to start,

i'll check this out and post my findings
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds