Major Changes & Updates to the Cisco CCNA Exam
Today, Cisco announced major changes to their associate-level certifications aligning with the evolving job market and the latest Cisco technology.
- The certification formerly known as CCNA is now CCNA Routing & Switching, and the only prerequisite certification is CCENT.
- CCENT is also the only prerequisite certification for CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Security, and CCDA certifications.
- Updates include IOS v15, IPv6 Support, IOS licensing, and a simplified 802.1x security implementation.
- Cisco also announced that the existing ICND1 (640-822), ICND2 (640-816) and CCNA (640-802) exams will have an end-of-life date of September 30, 2013. You can mix and match old and new exams until September 30th—ICND1 (640-822 or 100-101) and ICND2 (640-816 or 200-101).
- Cisco Press has the only authorized self-study products and resources to help you prepare for and pass the new exams.