I have: SBS exchange 2003 using POPconPro pulling pop emails from ISP. The problem is that when sending emails to internal (intranet) emails account for our domain the recipients get 2 exact copies or duplicates of the email. It acts like exchange is grabbing a copy of the internal emails and doing it's job by delivering but then ispmailserver gets the emails, POPconPro does it's job and pulls the mails down and exchange delivers them again. The sender of the email get's this error message...
This message is looping: it already has my Delivered-To line. (#5.4.6)
--- Below this line is a copy of the message.
Received: (qmail 14857 invoked from network); 4 Oct 2004 16:17:07 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO mydomain.com) ([ip address here])
by mx01.ourisp.net (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP
for <firstname.lastname@example.org>; 4 Oct 2004 16:17:07 -0000
Received: from exchange-pop3-connector.com ([ip address here]) by ourdomain.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0);
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:21:19 -0500
I have double triple checked my settings
mx record = isp mail server
a record = mail.ourdomain.com
I am pulling from isp pop due to upper management calling the shots. (uhhh!)
I am posting the fix that I stumbled onto thru a few days of trial and error. I set popcon to forward emails directly to each exchange mailbox instead of by domain. I set I also set forward all unresolved receipients to ourispmailserver at the smtp connector level.