Today, I was trying to figure out how to install Malwarebytes on a usb pen drive and run it from there. I searched around on google and found out there were a couple of DLLS and OCX files needed to make it run. So, I created a batch file to copy over those files in right directories. You would need to run this as administrator.
1. Download Malwarebytes and install it to usb pen.
2. Go to USB drive and create a folder called ''x''
3. Find these 2 files by using file search in windows.
mbam.sys & mbamswissarmy.sys
4. Put those files in folder x
5. Now go to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes" or "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes" and copy that directory to the folder called x on your USB drive. (This is where your updates are.)
6. Now create a batch file and save it in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder.
Windows 7 & Vista?¿? - Does anyone knows how to get the command path of the bat file?
xcopy "E:\x\mbam.sys" "%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\mbam.sys"
xcopy "E:\x\mbamswissarmy.sys" "%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys"
xcopy "E:\x\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" /s /e "%HOMEDRIVE%\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\"
regsvr32.exe "E:\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"
regsvr32.exe "E:\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"
regsvr32.exe "E:\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"
start "E:\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe"
let me know what you guys think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re: How-to: Vanilla Install Malwarebytes on an USB.
6 years 9 months ago #35040