sorry to bother u guys...but i am always getting this problem on my m/c....everytime i re-start it...
that i should purchase mcfee virus scan...when i click cancel, it says its expired...i get this msg all the time..even thou i have everythin uninstalled...
I hate when this happens, don’t you? And there’s no need to apologize, that’s what we are here for, to assist or fellow computer geeks and wanna be geeks the best we can, it’s our privilege to assist you! Any way on to the fix….
Not sure what OS you have so I will post a response for all Win (95 and above) operating systems.
Windows 95/98/ME/XP and 2K3:
• Click on START and go to RUN.
• Type: msconfig then click OK.
• Go to the STARTUP tab.
• Look for and uncheck anything that deals with Mc Affe. Uncertain what is Mc Affe or unable to locate said items then continue to next step.
• Go to the GENERAL tab and select DIAGNOSTIC.
• Click APPLY then OK. This will prompt you to reboot your computer.
• Go to
and download msconfig for Windows 2000.
• Copy the file to your desktop and run it from there. Note: if you want to make this a file that can be ran from the RUN Command line then copy this file to your System32 folder.
• Follow same steps as noted above for 95/98/ME/XP
During boot process at the DOS screen you will be asked which option to boot? Just select NORMAL by either hitting the corresponding number key or using your up and down arrow then hit the ENTER button.
All Operating Systems:
When you get to your desktop (beginning screen) it will look bigger and different (it will be at 640x480x16 colors). Once your at this point you should be able to uninstall it thru Control Panels, if not then you’ll need to do a manual uninstall which will take you into the Registry of the computer, if you’ve never been in there or your not sure then I strongly suggest you have a friend who is better in computers do it for you.
If you delete the wrong thing in the Registry you can inadvertently kill your computer. As with everything remember to Back up-back up-back up and this includes the registry.
Another step would be to A) contact Mc Affe’s tech support and have them walk you thru the uninstall process. Or Check out there web site to see what online support they offer.
hey jack thanx alot:)
i have done the msconfig before i posted the msg, i unchked all those tht sounded remotely close to mcfee...but i still get the msg whenver i open my winXP....and u noe in the msconfig-startup...how can i delete those that are not chked? coz some of the applications are not in my m/c any longer but are still there in the startup.....
and now to make matter worst...i am getting a NSIS error...on my m/c