Hot Downloads

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Networking Issue

Networking Issue 8 years 5 months ago #26558

• grenadadoc
Tried to install a clinical app that will allow me to download labs directly from LabCorp. During the course of this installation, I had to create a folder on Computer 1 fully shared by all (Domain Users and Everyone in both the Share Tab and the Security Tabs). From my computer (2), I (with full administrative domain rights) then tried to find that folder by clicking on Microsoft Windows Network/Domain name. I get a message that the domain is not accessible, I might not have permission to use this network resource, and the list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

I've also tried to find that folder by adding a new network place and typing in \\computer1\foldername, but this just hangs.

I know I'm missing something simple, but cannot figure out what it is. Can anyone help w/ this?

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Networking Issue 8 years 5 months ago #26562

• TheBishop
  • Thank you received: 8
Is this a network with a domain controller (i.e. a centrally controlled domain) or is it a workgroup? I'm a little unsure as you used both terms in your post and they are not the same thing at all. If you have a workgroup (which I suspect) then make sure you have a user with the same username and same password set upon both PCs

Re: Networking Issue 8 years 5 months ago #26583

• grenadadoc
I have a domain.
The error message mentioned the word Workgroup

I have googled the error message and basically found out that Symantecś antivirus running on the target client computer was preventing my accessing that computer from elsewhere within the network. I tweaked the symantec firewall settings, and was able to access the shared folder on the target computer.

Networking 8 years 3 months ago #27037

• gracy
I have googled the error message and basically found out that Symantecś antivirus running on the target client computer was preventing my accessing that computer from elsewhere within the network. I tweaked the symantec firewall settings, and was able to access the shared folder on the target computer.

===================
alora

www.ymail.com
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN
  • IPSec Modes