Hot Downloads

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DNS - Access inside web server with NATed address.

DNS - Access inside web server with NATed address. 11 years 3 months ago #21640

What is the easiest way to allow inside hosts to access a local web server using domain.com instead of the IP address?

Can I simply add an entry in the DNS server? I have a Windows 2003 Server with DNS installed. The web server is in the DMZ. I believe I was told that I can't use the domain.com from inside because of the NAT issue? Or is that only if I am using the IP address that is NATed? Let me know if my questions is unclear.

Re: DNS - Access inside web server with NATed address. 11 years 3 months ago #21641

What is the easiest way to allow inside hosts to access a local web server using domain.com instead of the IP address?

Can I simply add an entry in the DNS server? I have a Windows 2003 Server with DNS installed. The web server is in the DMZ. I believe I was told that I can't use the domain.com from inside because of the NAT issue? Or is that only if I am using the IP address that is NATed? Let me know if my questions is unclear.

Just setup an internal dns server with the entries you need.

Re: DNS - Access inside web server with NATed address. 11 years 3 months ago #21643

The DNS server is internal. Do I simply create a new record?

Re: DNS - Access inside web server with NATed address. 11 years 3 months ago #21645

• Smurf
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes just create an entry.

Re: DNS - Access inside web server with NATed address. 11 years 3 months ago #21646

Yes. Create an "A" record that points to your internal server.

Re: DNS - Access inside web server with NATed address. 10 years 10 months ago #23441

I tried to create an A Record that would point to my internal server and it wants to default to domain.local.

I need to point an outside address, for example www.google.com to an internal server instead of the normal server.

Is this possible with an A record?
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN