Sorry to hear about this problem. I must be honest, i have never come across anything remotely like this but here are a few thoughts on the matter which may help you in your troubleshooting (came to me in some insperation last night while nodding off )
1. Is everything in your active directory working ok (i.e. is the DNS all working ? Is the Active Directory reporting any issues at all in the event logs ? etc...)
2. Is this a single server install or do you have multiple domains ? If multiple domains is replication ok between all the domain controllers ?
3. Has the Windows 2000 domain been preped for Windows 2003 ? I have found this knowledge base article but without more details i am unsure if it is relevant
4. This ones a long shot because it doesn't really match the error you are getting, are you a member of the Schema groups and also have you enabled the Schema Snap-in ?
If you provide more details then i am happy to do some googling with you to try and find a resolution to this issue.
Doh didn't work. Eveyone already has full control.
1. Everything Else in AD is working fine. DNS also
only error in AD log lol smtp would be fine if i could install exchange. Might be related but on exchnage 2003 install you aren't suppoed to eable smtp anyway. I can find a pre install check list like i can with 2003 exchange. I even tried the docs on the CD. the first step listed is the one im doing.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: NTDS Inter-site Messaging
Event Category: Inter-Site Messaging
Event ID: 1527
Time: 12:42:54 PM
The Inter-Site Messaging (ISM) Service SMTP Transport plug-in has determined that one or more classes from the Collaborative Data Object (CDO) library are not registered as expected. This error could occur if a new version of the CDO library is being registered by a product installation while the ISM service is running. This condition will correct itself once the library has been registered again.
Please verify that the following DLL is present and registered using regsvr32: For systems with Exchange installed, please verify CDOEX.DLL, otherwise use CDOSYS.DLL.
The error message is as follows:
Class not registered
The record data is the status code.
0000: 54 01 04 80 T..€
2. 1 domain 1 DC
3. No but im using windowss 2000 server with exchnage 2000 so that shouldet apply.
4. hmm im using VNC to access server..maybe im logged on as local admin instead of domain admin.... Ill call the cust to find out.***Not the problem***
Ill also try installing all Service packs and updates***SP4 now not the problem***
Hospice of the Red River Valley
Re: repair windows 2000 server install?
12 years 1 month ago #17957
I will try and take a look at this for you later today and see if i can spot any more on google. Its worth noting though that Windows 2000 Mainstream support has now ended although extended support is still available i would start to think about upgrading.