Does everything disapper (i.e. the file menu, etc..) ? I have seen it where some pages will open up in a window where there no further controls (similar to a pop up, but the website goes into the same type of window).
Is this whats happening or is it happening to loads of different sites that usually dont do it ?
Re: where is my address bar
11 years 9 months ago #18140
Here are some step that you may try on your computer and ur issue will be resolve.
1. Click View --> Toolbars. See if Address Bar was checked. Try unchecking and re-checking. 2. Check to see if Address Bar is in upper right-hand corner and greyed out. 3. Right-clicked on Address, unlock the toolbar. 4. Left-click on Address and drag the Address bar to the position desired. May have to move the address bar up or down to show icons.
To delete the WebBrowser registry key:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Locate the following registry key:
3. Right-click the WebBrowser key, click Delete, and then click Yes.
4. Open Internet Explorer, click View, and then point to Toolbars. The toolbar default settings are restored.
START -> RUN -> REGSVR32 /i BROWSEUI.DLL
RESTART THE COMPUTER AND CHECK -> EVERYTHIN will be FINE AND ADDRESS BAR BACK AGAIN
1. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Click to select the Show Go button in Address bar check box, and then click OK .
Right-click the Address bar, and then click Go Button .
WARNING : If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
1. Using Registry Editor, locate and click the following registry key:
2. Change the data value of the ShowGoButton String value to Yes.