my people i have a small problem i started a computer today and it tells me a windows system file is missing and it says ntoskrnl. its asking me to reinstall file, pls how do i do that. how do i get that particular file (ntoskrnl) and reinstall it...
thanks so much for ur anticipated assistance.
Re: help.... windows system file missing..... how to...
11 years 8 months ago #17819
Never had to do this before....anyhow come across this on another website.
1. Insert and boot from your WindowsXP CD.
2. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key
3. Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair.
4. Typically this will be #1
5. Change to the drive that has the CD ROM.
6. CD i386
7. expand ntkrnlmp.ex_ C:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe
8.If WindowsXP is installed in a different location, just make the necessary change to C:\Windows
9.Take out the CD ROM and type exit