• Page:

TOPIC: Nagios Administrators!!

Re: Nagios Administrators!! 10 years 10 months ago #30413

• ZiPPy
  • ZiPPy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Member
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Alright so I'm getting closer now. I have successfully installed XAMPP under Linux. I've started the lampp service, but now I believe I have conflicting instances/services of Apache taking place.

When I go to test the XAMPP by accessing http://localhost to access the PHPadmin console, I get a 'It Works!' page. Which I believe means I have two Apache services fighting each other, therefore it won't show the PHPadmin page for XAMPP.

I receive the following when I start the lampp service:

XAMPP: Another web server daemon is already running
XAMPP: Starting MySQL
XAMPP: Starting ProFTPD
XAMPP: for Linux started.

Do you think this will cause any problems? At this point I can't navigate to the localhost home page for XAMPP, but will NagiosQL scream about this config statement above?

Cheers,

ZiPPy
ZiPPy

Re: Nagios Administrators!! 10 years 10 months ago #30420

• ZiPPy
  • ZiPPy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Member
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I have made more progress on getting NagiosQL stable and running. I have uninstalled the XAMPP (LAMPP service) as this is only causing problems. Basically, XAMPP is a shortcut if you will, or better described as a bundle install for Apache, PHP, MySQL, and Perl. I just found this to cause problems as each wasn't tuned accordingly, but merely set to defaults.

So, I have installed the following and manually configured(as listed on the website):

Webserver e.g. Apache 1.x or above
PHP 4.3 or above
MySQL 4.1 or above
Nagios 2 or above
PEAR Module: HTML_Template_IT 1.1 or above
PHP Extension: gettext
PHP Extension: mysql
PHP Extension: ftp
Javascript enabled at your Webbrowser

I am a little confused on the Configuration directory structure. In the documentation they show the recommended directory structure along with the Nagios confif file. From what I can see we have both nagios.cfg and the nagiosql files. Am I recreating the .cfg file for nagios, or simply editing the nagios.cfg file with 'nagiosQL'

From the looks of it, I am pointing the current nagios config file to the NagiosQL app.

I have managed to set all the correct permission and access the GUI via the website. So the app is up and running successfully, its just a matter of configuring it accordingly.

Any thoughts or direction...?

Cheers,

ZiPPy
ZiPPy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick