Hot Downloads



The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: network

network 15 years 5 months ago #690

if one system to hub with cross crimping and an other with straight crimping will the form a workgroup .

Re: network 15 years 5 months ago #692

  • tfs
  • tfs's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Member
  • Expert Member
  • Posts: 521
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking, but if you are asking what type of network cable to use to create your network using a Hub (or a switch for that matter), all computers connecting to a Hub or Switch use a straight through cable. The hub or switch does the crossing over for you. If you connect to computers directly, then you would need a crossover cable between them.

It used to be that to connected 2 hubs or switches together, you needed to use a crossover cable, but that is not necessarily the case anymore, as the newer devices can tell which type of cable you are using and act accordingly.

Hope this answers your question,


  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds


Cisco Routers

  • SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

  • Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN
  • IPSec Modes

Cisco Help

  • VPN Client Windows 8
  • VPN Client Windows 7
  • CCP Display Problem
  • Cisco Support App.

Windows 2012

  • New Features
  • Licensing
  • Hyper-V / VDI
  • Install Hyper-V


  • File Permissions
  • Webmin
  • Groups - Users
  • Samba Setup