I need to arrange wireless network in my house by using LINKSYS devices .
The input signal is from wireless AP also.
How can i configer the LINKSYS devices to perform the job.
THANKS WITH BEST REGARDS.
First of all thank you for your attention
1. I have WAP54G linksys type.
2. I need to connect 3 PCs wireless.
3. I have internet connection which is provided wirless through another AP device.
1. First Connect the standalone computer to Linksys Access point
2. Assign the static ip address(192.168.1.50) and subnet mask (255.255.255.0) (start>control panel>network connection>LAN Properties)
3. open Linksys Access point page (check the user guide to know the Address)
4. Search for your Network Name i.e SSID (According to AP Device)
5. Try to join the Network (If it prompt for the security, type in the security key)
6. Assign the IP address back to Automatic
7. Disconnect the computer from the Access point
8. Powercycle the Accesspoint
9. Try connecting Thru wireless
10. Try pinging the Access point Address on wireless computer to check the connectivity
in this case the second access point will serve as a repeater for the first access point extending internet servicess to your 3 PCs. but your PCs will see two WLANs and can connect from any if they posses the security clearance .