hello... im running some tests using vmware workstation.. when i was trying to access the two operating system, it says that "host cant find".
I already checked the ff:
1. they are in the same 'workgroup'
2. they have the same subnet mask and default gateway
3. their IP is configured authomatically
4. i tried to ping them using ip add and hostname but there is no reply
5. when i tried to check in the 'microsoft windows network' i saw that computerA has all the lists of other OS connected but computerB has only itself in the lists.
I knew that computerB has the problem.. but i cant figure it out...
What are the other things i should consider in checking their connectivity?
Are you using the "host only" set up for the Virtual network? have you at least 2 virtual NICS installed on your system? This is displayed in the "virtual network editor" dialog box. I believe you may be one missing, which is why they cant communicate.
kindly provide info on how you setup your VMs, especially during the part when you declare what type of network setup you'll be using (e.g. host only, bridge, etc). i think it would be there that has the problem...