Hey all, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to what I may be doing wrong here. I have a hardware Firewall, Cisco 3640 Router, and Cisco 2924 Switch.
Here is my setup:
Fa0/1: no IP address
Fa0/1.1: 192.168.10.1/24 encapsulation dot1q 2
Fa0/1.2: 192.168.100.1/24 encapsulation dot1q 3
Default Gateway: 10.199.199.1
C 192.168.10.0/24 directly connected, Fa0/1.1
10.0.0.0/29 subnetted, 1 subnet
C 10.199.199.0 directly connected, Fa0/0
C 192.168.100.0/24 directly connected, Fa0/1.2
S 0.0.0.0 [0/1] via 10.199.199.1
When I do a "Show Interface Fa0/1" I see that it is trunking:
Administrative Mode: Trunk
Operational Mode: Trunk
Administrative Trunking Encapsulation: dot1q
Operational Trunking Encapsulation: dot1q
Trunking Native Mode VLAN: 1
Trunking VLANs Enabled: All
LAN on Firewall connected to Fa0/0 on Router
Fa0/1 on Switch connected to Fa0/1 on Router
Fa0/2 on Switch connected to Laptop
And my problems:
1. When I do a "show run" on the Switch, all the VLANs show as being down.
2. If I do a "no shutdown" on all three VLANs and then do a "show run" they still all show as "shutdown".
3. I set Fa0/2 to "switchport access vlan 2". I cannot do a "no shutdown" for VLAN 2 or any other VLAN. I cannot ping anything.
4. I set Fa0/2 to "switchport access vlan 3". It does allow me to do a "no shutdown" for VLAN 3 only. I am then able to ping 192.168.100.1 (Router Fa0/1.2) and 192.168.100.2 (Switch VLAN3). However I cannot ping anything else.
5. I am able to ping the Firewall from the Router without any problems.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Network Setup with Cisco Router and Switch *SOLVED
10 years 7 months ago #26797