Hot Downloads

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Load balancing

Load balancing 8 years 11 months ago #24457

Can anyone please explain to me the concept of Load balancing in RIP and IGRP. Especially load balancing across multiple paths and how we integrate static routes/default routes using load balancing in RIP.

Please Help me
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Load balancing 8 years 11 months ago #24459

• S0lo
  • Thank you received: 7
Basically, The router chooses the route with the lowest Administrative Distance (AD) to a destination network. If AD is equal in multiple routes, It chooses the one with the lowest Metric (cost). If the Metric is also the same in multiple routes, Load Balancing can occur. Load Balancing means that the router has more than one low cost paths to the destination, so it can utilize both, sending packets some times to the first path, some times to the second path, 3rd and so on.

Additionally, IGRP and EIGRP also support. unequal cost load-balancing. This means that the Metric does not have to be the same for the router to load balance. See here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009437d.shtml

This is very brief. Experts here can help more with this.
Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx

Re: Load balancing 8 years 11 months ago #24460

• durk21
there is a lot more to it than just what was mentioned. Research load balancing, redundant routes/links, round robin, and trunkating a link. All those things touch on load balancing.

Re: Load balancing 8 years 11 months ago #24471

Thanks for your reply, yea i just wanted the basic concept for the Intro exam you know because a few question pop up on these subject so wanted to make that clear, I will try to re-read chapter 7 in semester to see if i get it if i don't i will post more specific questions.

Thanks a lot guys
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN
  • IPSec Modes